Genetics SUCK! (Ahhh look at that literary masterpiece!)
It's been a very emotional week. My son has been having some problems at school and I think I am seeing where this is all starting to go.....
He's had the diagnosis of ADHD and ODD, but there seems to be something more lurking in the background. Something causing severe mood swings and some irrational/sometimes violent (not towards people....more just books and desks) behavior.
And just like every parent would probably say ... I'm going to say it too. He's really a great kid! He's brilliant and sweet and loving ... when he wants to be.
Genetics ... genetically following in his crazy mother's footsteps. Crazy mother has her craziness 99% under control, but only after 28 years of dealing with it. How do I help this poor 7 year old child who has no control over what he is dealing with. This child who wants to be good, but for some reason can't?
We've tried EVERY tactic in the book. Nothing is working. I'm open to suggestions. And I'm truly open to some prayers right now. I'm an emotional wreck with all this. It's so hard to watch him melt down. It's hard to watch him be upset and frustrated.
I mean tell me how a 7 year old boy can have low self esteem? He's beautiful, he's insanely intelligent, everyone likes him, we are killing him with kindness lately. Why does he always think he is not good enough? (side note....I feel the exact same way about myself...so I get how he feels it....just not why)
I know there is no way to reverse genetics, but if someone finds a way please let me know! I can't stand the thought of watching this kid go through everything I went through merely because he is constantly battling his own mind. UGH
1 comment:
*super hugs* for you & P. Poor guy! Just keep talking with his doctor, the school, and encouraging him. Find something that he loves and is really good at and try to focus on that with him as much as you can. Then remind him of it when he's feeling down. I think every little bit helps. :)
Post a Comment